Friday 27 March 2020

Amazon’s Alexa voice assistant can now help you diagnose COVID-19

Illustration by Alex Castro / The Verge

Amazon Alexa users in the US can now use the voice assistant as a first step towards diagnosing cases of COVID-19, the disease caused by the novel coronavirus, Amazon has announced. Queries such as “Alexa, what do I do if I think I have coronavirus?” or “Alexa, what do I do if I think I have COVID-19?” will prompt the voice assistant to ask about your symptoms, travel history, and possible exposure to the virus. It will then offer advice based on official Centers for Disease Control and Prevention information.

The functionality is a step up from the information Alexa was offering previously. Earlier this month, Vox reported that Alexa would list off simple facts. Amazon’s announcement follows a similar move from Apple, whose Siri voice...

Continue reading…



from The Verge - All Posts https://ift.tt/2Ulgsy8
via IFTTT //

No comments:

Post a Comment