Wednesday 15 July 2015

Neil Young is yanking his catalog from streaming services


Neil Young took to Facebook and Twitter today to announce that he's removing his music from all streaming services, a move he's blaming on their poor audio quality rather than any financial frustration. "I don't need my music to be devalued by the worst quality in the history of broadcasting or any other form of distribution. I don't feel right allowing this to be sold to my fans. It's bad for my music," said Young on Facebook. He has some skin in this particular game, of course: Young is the force behind the high fidelity Pono media player and digital music service, which was funded through Kickstarter and became available to the public this January.

Young is a passionate advocate for audio quality, but his decision isn't standing on...

Continue reading…

via The Verge - All Posts http://ift.tt/1f4tSGW

No comments:

Post a Comment