Tuesday 29 October 2019

Facebook’s embrace of Breitbart doesn’t add up

Photo by Amelia Holowaty Krales

If you missed the first-ever Interface Live last week, I hope you’ll consider come seeing me this week! I’ll be talking with Clara Tsao, a researcher and entrepreneur who focuses on disinformation and platforms, at a free event in San Francisco. It’s on Tuesday at 6:30 p.m., and I would love to see you there. The event is free, and you can RSVP here.

When I think about my ideal relationship between Facebook and journalism, something I have been doing more or less since 2016, it has always involved carriage fees: payments from Facebook to publishers to support their journalism, in exchange for the right to run it freely across all of their product surfaces. As I told Columbia Journalism Review this summer:

Just as cable companies pay for...

Continue reading…



from The Verge - All Posts https://ift.tt/2opwZUE
via IFTTT //

No comments:

Post a Comment