Sunday 28 July 2019

I’m bad at Fortnite, and I’m okay with that

FRANCE-INTERNET-FORTNITE Photo credit should read LIONEL BONAVENTURE/AFP/Getty Images

Fortnite is two years old this weekend, and has been the most popular game in the world for at least the last year of its existence. My friends and I began playing it last summer as it exploded in popularity; we saw the game go from its roots as a goofy add on to Epic’s player-versus-environment shooter to its current status as a cross-cultural social space that just so happens to have a battle royale mode. And while I’ve certainly gotten better at playing the game, I’m still bad at it.

Which is fine! Really. For me, the fun of Fortnite is when I’m playing well with my teammates and suddenly I’m fluent — suddenly my builds are solid and my aim is true. It’s a joyful thing for me, because it’s in those moments I realize I’ll never be a...

Continue reading…



from The Verge - All Posts https://ift.tt/2YponcA
via IFTTT //

No comments:

Post a Comment