Monday 30 July 2018

Guardians of the Galaxy cast petitions Disney to rehire James Gunn

On July 20th, Walt Disney Studios issued a surprise announcement that it was firing James Gunn, director of the Marvel Cinematic Universe film Guardians of the Galaxy and its 2017 sequel. The studio was responding to an unearthed series of off-color jokes he made on Twitter between 2008 and 2012. Those tweets made light of pedophilia and child abuse, leading to online outrage.

Gunn issued an apology on Twitter, stating in part, “Many people who have followed my career know when I started, I viewed myself as a provocateur, making movies and telling jokes that were outrageous and taboo. As I have discussed publicly many times, as I’ve developed as a person, so has my work and my humor. It’s not to say I’m better, but I am very, very...

Continue reading…



from The Verge - All Posts https://ift.tt/2vhsmvd
via IFTTT //

No comments:

Post a Comment